Skip to content

Making a night of it

Learn how to host a murder mystery weekend and find murder mystery weekend events!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Making a night of it

Postby Katie » October 9th, 2006, 8:05 am

Hello,

I was wondering if you have any advice about making a game last over night?

We would likely be doing something along the lines of the 4Deuces and the event would be dinner, an overnight stay (where we would like to plant clues in the bedrooms and possibly have some sort of dramatic event happen during the night, before people have completely settled down) and then we would hopefully do the reveal the next morning over breakfast.

Have you any advice as to how we would do this, or any tips about extending the time of the game, or extra ideas that we could incorporate into this?

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to have certain characters excluded from being murdered? We are likely to have a few actors interspersed with the dinner party (on the quiet, to hold things together and keep it flowing, etc) but maybe things would fall apart if they were killed off at some stage in the game?

Please tell me what you think and if you have any advice for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks very much,

Katie
Katie

Postby 2coolbaby » November 8th, 2006, 2:40 pm

My best suggestion would be to read our How to Host a Murder Mystery Weekend article. You can take the suggestions in it and tweak them to your own needs. You can read that here:

How to Host a Murder Mystery Weekend

If you want to exclude anyone from being murdered then just tell people that these characters may not be murdered at the time you make the Host Announcement.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Murder Mystery Weekends