Skip to content

Death By Chocolate in the Bahamas!

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Death By Chocolate in the Bahamas!

Postby madelinefan » August 21st, 2007, 10:50 pm

We had a group of 14 women on a week long getaway to the Bahamas. Because of the chocolate melting and airline hassles in lieu of each guest bringing a chocolate treat, I asked each guest to bring 14 small spa or pampering items to be placed in a tote bag which I customized with an Iron-on logo. Everyone agreed and the bags were a great success. We each came away with a tote bag stuffed with all sorts of lotions, cosmetics, gag gifts and some really nice products.

We set up our "spa" on the Pavillion of the resort property. Everyone wore their best spa attire. We ate Jerked Chicken and Caribbean rice for dinner with the beach and blue ocean water as our backdrop. The music from the soundtrack of Chocolat along with the ocean waves created a serene setting. The first murder went off without a hitch and everything just flowed from there on.

We set up an area with foot soaks filled with Lavender scented sea salt. One of the resort activity directors even showed up and gave a few massages. He really wanted to know where we had gotten the game!

Everyone played their part and there was not a dull moment. There were so many subplots going on that it kept everyone busy all evening.

This was a great game and I appreciated how everything I needed was in the box. I opted for that method because of getting everything there as compactly as possible.

Thank you for an extremely fun evening in paradise.
Attachments
filling the spa bags.jpg
filling the spa bags.jpg (24.75 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
a dead body.jpg
a dead body.jpg (26.62 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
collecting DNA.jpg
collecting DNA.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
someone killed my mother.jpg
someone killed my mother.jpg (22.62 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
foot soaks.jpg
foot soaks.jpg (25.16 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
madelinefan

Where did you get the foot soaks?

Postby s3maem1024 » December 12th, 2007, 1:58 pm

I am planning my 25th Birthday Party and I am using this game as my theme. Where did you get the foot soaks from and were they inexpensive? Lastly, did you use one area or different rooms to pull this off? I was planning to rent a hotel conference room or something, but I wasn't sure if that would be enough space to pull this off. Please help my party will be at the beginning of February! If this party goes well, I am definitely going to plan a vacation and do it again! Thanks for the idea!
s3maem1024

Postby madelinefan » December 12th, 2007, 6:08 pm

We got the inflatable foot soaks from Avon, but I have seen them at the dollar store also. We used a large pavillion on the beach for our dinner and most of the party. I hope you have as much fun as we did.
madelinefan

Postby s3maem1024 » December 13th, 2007, 10:32 am

Thanks I hope so too! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. Take care!
s3maem1024

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate