Skip to content

Death by Chocolate - 13 year olds party

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Death by Chocolate - 13 year olds party

Postby Penny » October 13th, 2008, 7:16 am

Hi, Just wanted to let you know about my daughter's party. I was a bit nervous about hosting the event with eight 12-13 year olds but the whole evening was a huge success. As host I did research everyones characters, confidentials, plots etc, which I don't think you necessarily would need to with adults but it ment I could advise them when necessary, which helped the girls keep on track. I had provided them all with a white cotton robe and spa towel and they all dressed in pjs. The girls totally adopted their characters (even from the moment they received their character descriptions at school) and there were plenty confrontations, secret meetings and accusations. Not to mention the bribery, corruption, lies and manipulation, quite worrying how well they took to that!! Also, the sisterhood became quite a powerful little group and we even had a totally new group with a double agent between them!
I lit chocolate scented candles and had a nail bar and face mask station, however, they were mostly too busy sleuthing for treatments! Aswell as a few savoury nibbles, There were bowls of assorted chocs dotted around, a chocolate fountain(big hit) and I made a croquenbouche with chocolate dribbled all over it. Not to mention the (non alcoholic) champagne reception. I also made the chocolate lip gloss from the recipe booklet for them all to take home, very easy and very effective. I allowed 4 hours for the whole evening and tried to round them up after 3 but they were all having too much fun with their characters so i think it went on for another 30 mins in the end. All in all an excellent party which they will all be talking about for some time! Thankyou and well done.
Penny

Re: Death by Chocolate - 13 year olds party

Postby 2coolbaby » October 13th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. My sister remembers talking to you and knows that you were worried. It is always nice when you hear the relief from a successful party. I know we can tell you everything will be alright, but that worry will still there until the evening is done.

It really is amazing to see what anyone playing these games is capable of. So many people think that their crowd just won't get into it, or they will be quiet and sit back. I have NEVER seen one person actually do that though. Our games really bring out the buried deviousness in us all :twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby echaret1 » March 12th, 2009, 7:18 am

Thank you for posting. I want to give my daughter a Death By Chocolate party for her 13th birthday and was not sure if it would be age appropriate, but your girls seemed to have a wonderful time. I cannot wait to show my daughter this idea and see what she thinks. Thanks again.
echaret1

Postby 2coolbaby » March 12th, 2009, 10:47 am

I got your email and was actually going to reply with a link to this post, but I see you already found it! In most cases there would be no problem with the content, but if you or the guests are extremely conservative, I would not recommend it. Most of the 13 year olds I know would have no problem with it, but I do know of some kids whose parents are really conservative, that would have to be excluded from the guest list.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate