Skip to content

August 2010 Winner: Girl Scout Death by Chocolate

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

August 2010 Winner: Girl Scout Death by Chocolate

Postby gayfrancisco » July 29th, 2010, 11:42 am

Hi, I am Gay Francisco, Service Unit director for Henry County Girl Scouts in Paris, Tenn.

I hosted a Death By Chocolate murder mystery party for local Girl Scout leaders/assistant leaders from 6-9 p.m. July 28 to show my appreciation for all their hard work and to get them pumped up for the upcoming year in Girl Scouting.
The professionals at Designs Unlimited, along with students from Nestle’s Beauty School, numbering 13 strong, enthusiastically donated their facility and time to offer chocolate facials, manicures and pedicures to 17 Girl Scout volunteers. The workers also got caught up in the murder mystery as events, and murders, unfolded throughout the evening!

Not a large establishment, Designs Unlimited has divided areas which provided the perfect setting for a quick murder(s). As bodies dropped, startled screams and howls of anguish would sent a herd of 30 stampeding to each murder site!
Detective Bonnie Straight met each murder with a high level of professionalism. Sporting her badge, she quickly took charge — checked for pulses, proclaimed the deaths and hauled the bodies off in a body bag (previously unused), on loan from the local coroner. She then questioned suspects, taking their DNA samples.

Many mani/pedi’s/facials were rudely interrupted throughout the night as murder, gossip and wild speculations ran rampant.

After much deliberation, participants voted on who they thought the murderer was, along with other categories. Toward the end of the event, Detective Straight announced the original murderer and placed her in handcuffs!

Throughout the evening, participants and workers grazed at a chocolate buffet consisting of a triple chocolate trifle, peanut butter buckeyes, white chocolate peppermint bark, brownie pizzas, white and dark chocolate cupcakes with fanned strawberry or cherry garnishes, white chocolate popcorn, a chocolate fountain with strawberries, cherries, pretzels and cookies, and choices of chilled Lady Godiva bottled water, milk or chocolate macadamia nut or plain coffees.
A soothing CD helped to set the spa-like ambiance and a chocolate brownie candle whetted the appetites of party goers as they arrived at Lady Godiva’s Day Spa. Other door prizes included a free massage at a local spa, which also donated $10 gift certificates for each of the workers. Many other local businesses were happy to recognize our Girl Scout leaders, donating “chocolate” or spa-themed door prizes or offering discounts on the trappings needed to pull off the feat.
I am well versed with hosting murder mystery dinners, this was my seventh, but the first unscripted. Death by Chocolate is very well organized and provided in depth characters and interaction for all players, whether a few or many — not the case with other games I’ve experienced.

I want to thank you again for providing me the means in which to offer my volunteers an enjoyable, carefree evening before we begin the new year. The ladies have requested we make it annual event. A terrific idea to recognize their dedication to Girl Scouting!

One of the workers was so taken with our group she registered that night to serve as a new troop leader this fall! Woo hoo!

The murder mystery even made front-page headlines in our local newspaper!
porsche laughing small.jpg
Girl Scout volunteers as well as the professional stylists and beauty school students all had a blast!
workers after murder small.jpg
Spa "workers" are shooed from the lastest murder scene.
pedicures small.jpg
Gossip ran rampant throughout the evening.
chasity-miles conspiring small.jpg
Miles, sporting a facial and mani/pedi, and Chasity conspire.
chasity-miles conspiring small.jpg (30.07 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
body bag small.jpg
Detective Bonnie Straight places a murder victim in a (new) body bag borrowed from the local coroner, as host Gay Francisco watches. Thanks again for providing me the means to offering our volunteers an enjoyable evening.
gayfrancisco

Re: Girl Scout Death by Chocolate

Postby 2coolbaby » August 18th, 2010, 2:00 pm

It looks like you had so much fun. I read the new article also. So nice. I have plans to add it into our newly designed web site that we are in the process of creating now. Thanks so much for sending it and sharing with us!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate