Skip to content

Newbie Questions

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Newbie Questions

Postby tothechief » September 12th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Okay...so I'm hosting a social for my military spouses' group and am considering using this game for it. But I have a few questions first to make sure it's the right "fit".
1) Our socials only last 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours TOPS. Is that enough time to complete this game without it feeling rushed?
2) There are approximately 15 to 20 women who attend these things...is that too many people for this game to be fun and have EVERYONE participating? Don't want anyone to feel left out.
3) We have a mix of shy/outgoing people...is it better to use a scripted or unscripted format?

I'm sure I'll come up with other questions...but this will help me get started. Thanks!
tothechief

Re: Newbie Questions

Postby 2coolbaby » September 22nd, 2010, 5:04 pm

Sorry my reply is so long in coming, but we have been dealing with several serious illnesses in the family. As the owner, I take care of the forum. I do hope that you contacted Customer Service through either our Contact Us link or by our Toll Free phone number.

1) Our socials only last 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours TOPS. Is that enough time to complete this game without it feeling rushed?

That is the perfect amount of time. You choose the wrap up time. As long as you get in almost 2 hours, you are fine.

2) There are approximately 15 to 20 women who attend these things...is that too many people for this game to be fun and have EVERYONE participating? Don't want anyone to feel left out.

That is actually a nice amount of people to participate. You will need to purchase the female extra character packet for this game to host that many women, as there are only 16 female characters in the main kit.

3) We have a mix of shy/outgoing people...is it better to use a scripted or unscripted format?

Without a doubt, unscripted is sooo much easier for shy people and outgoing people really shine at it. I always discourage newbies from using a scripted game as a first, as they are only interesting, compared to unscripted, which are outstanding fun and memorable.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate