Skip to content

Party a success

Feedback on Death By Chocolate Murder Mystery Parties.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Party a success

Postby smoof » July 12th, 2006, 11:34 pm

So I had the Death by Chocolate game a few weeks ago... it was a major success, everyone had an awesome time! I was quite stressed out most of the time (a bit difficult to play host and a character, albeit a secondary one), but it still worked out quite well, except for one thing...

For the first murder of Kinzie, she was aware that she had to die, but we started to freak out 30 minutes into the game because the murderer still hadn't approached her. I wasn't sure if she was supposed to spontaneously die on her own or the murderer was supposed to approach her... I thought it was the second choice. So I pulled all the main characters aside and asked if they were the murderer and they all said no. I was so confused! So eventually I told the girl playing Kinzie to keel over and die. At the end of the game we found out that name removed so as not to give this away was the killer, and she said that she had only found out when the confidential booklets were handed out (which was supposed to be after the first murder, right?), and since the murder had already happened she had no idea she was supposed to kill Kinzie. It said nowhere in her information. Was this a mistake on our part, or a fault of the game?? I'm still confused as to how this happened, as I thought I had organized everything very well.
smoof

Postby 2coolbaby » July 13th, 2006, 10:09 am

Kinzies booklet tells her to keel over and die. Here is the paragraph from her background sheet with instructions:

"On the next page is a list of confrontations with other guests to happen at the beginning of the evening. Make sure they are all completed early. Once they are all done you need to stage a dramatic death. Start by grabbing your stomach, sit down and bend over in pain. You are having extreme abdominal cramping if asked. Next start gasping and clasp your neck as if you cannot breathe and with a final gasp slide to your death!"

Your Kinzie dropped the ball. That is why the host also has the knowledge of who dies, to insure it happens. In this game I decided to wait until the confidential sheet to tell the murderer they are the murderer so that they do not tell anyone before hand. I usually do not have a murderer have to bring about the first murder to prevent confusion.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby MichaelJackson1972 » August 16th, 2006, 3:33 am

great :) :)
MichaelJackson1972

Return to Board index

Return to Death By Chocolate