Skip to content

Newbie....Weapons Hunt???

We will occasionally have a question that we would like feedback on from those who have hosted their party. We would appreciate taking a moment to help us improve our games.

Newbie....Weapons Hunt???

Postby jey539 » February 21st, 2008, 8:37 pm

I'm hosting a party this weekend, and I've got it all figured out up until the hunt.

I guess I'm having a brain spasm and I'm just not understanding the directions for the weapon cards and action cards. Could you please explain how the hunt works, do I need to make copies of the sheet with the pictures of the weapons? and then there are the action cards and these blank cards, what do I do with the blank cards.....I'm lost.....HELP! :?

I know I sound dumb, but just confused on that part.

Thanks,
Jessica
jey539

Postby 2coolbaby » February 22nd, 2008, 10:47 am

This is why we have been thinking of making the Weapon Card Scavenger Hunt and option and using a different method. Here are the 2 methods and you can choose which one you want to use.

1. This is the simplest. Put the weapon cards and the action cards into a bowl or hat. Add enough blanks cards to ensure each of your guests gets 1 pull. So if you have 4 weapon cards and 4 action cards, that makes a total of 8 cards. If you are having 18 guests, then add 10 of the blank cards. So each guest will pull either a weapon card, an action card or a blank. No one will know who pulls what.

2. If you want the scavenger hunt, then hide the weapon cards as indicated in the weapon card instructions. Hand each guest a weapon clue sheet then have your scavenger hunt. Exact instructions for this are in both your Host Guide and the Weapon Card Instructions. If you use this method, then the action cards are separate. You would add action cards and blanks to a bowl or hat as stated in #1.

You do not need to make copies of anything. We provide you everything you need.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Thank You

Postby jey539 » February 22nd, 2008, 12:37 pm

:D Thank you, that makes much more sense to me now.

One more question, can my game work with 7 people? My "Justine" had a family emergency come up and since i've already read everything I don't think I can play her. I hope it will still work. :shock:
jey539

Postby 2coolbaby » February 22nd, 2008, 1:02 pm

You need her character there. If you are not playing a character, then I think you should take on this character. Just do not use any info you know in the game environment. I write all of these and still play a character when we host the parties. I love it and have a ball!
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Poll for Hosts who have hosted our Parties