Skip to content

Confidentials

We will occasionally have a question that we would like feedback on from those who have hosted their party. We would appreciate taking a moment to help us improve our games.

Confidentials

Postby desp666 » January 28th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Hello,will it spoil the gameif confidentials are sent out with invite?
desp666

Re: Confidentials

Postby CareBear » January 31st, 2011, 9:29 pm

Hi,

I haven't done the party yet (4 MORE WEEKS!), but from everything I"ve read, the Confidentials get passed out AT the party, after the (planned) murder.
Some reasons I can think of: some people might ruin it for others before the day of the party, even, if they discuss their confidential stuff (even though they are told not to) with other 'characters'. Also, what if someone can't come and you need to make someone else that character. Also, I think the murderer finds out he/she is the murderer once they read it in their Confidentials. I wouldn't want anyone knowing they are the murderer beforehand. But that's just me.
Anyways, like I said, I haven't done it yet, I'm just telling you what I've read. Hope this helps.

CareBear.
CareBear

Re: Confidentials

Postby 2coolbaby » February 13th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Thanks for your reply CareBear. You are mostly correct.

One thing to remember, desp666, is to just stick to the instructions. They are there for a reason. You must not send out confidentials before the party for many reasons:

1. They talk about the murder victim, who obviously hasn't been murdered yet if they get info before the murder.

2. We want to make sure that your guests take the time to read their character booklets and not feel overwhelmed by too much information. Add the confidentials before the party can be very confusing to people and this is not what we want. Byt the time they are to receive their confidentials, they have already started getting comfortable in their character and have an idea of who the other characters are. This makes the confidential make much more sense to them

Keep in mind that the only time anyone has had a problem with our games is when someone didn't read and follow instructions.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Poll for Hosts who have hosted our Parties