Skip to content

the meal

We will occasionally have a question that we would like feedback on from those who have hosted their party. We would appreciate taking a moment to help us improve our games.

the meal

Postby cindyj77 » January 18th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Is it necessary to have the guests sit down to a meal? Of course we'll provide food, but is the meal an integral part of the game itself?
cindyj77

Re: the meal

Postby WaffleT » January 19th, 2012, 10:46 am

Not at all, you can design the meal to your liking. I hosted mine with finger food and wandering.

The games traditional format starts with the dinner table but its not essential and most of the evening with have the guests circulating anyway
WaffleT

Postby 2coolbaby » January 21st, 2012, 1:13 am

We have done it several ways. Finger foods, buffet and sit down meal. I will tell you that it is really hard to pull off a sit down meal and part without help. It is a lot of work to prep a meal, serve and clean up, all while hosting the party. I only made that mistake once! I am a huge fan of pot luck dinners now. Even if I am just doing apps I do pot luck.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby cindyj77 » January 23rd, 2012, 1:07 pm

Thanks. We are hoping to do a party for my sixteen year old's group of friends, we're very excited.
cindyj77

Postby broe777 » June 21st, 2013, 9:55 am

Hi I was trying to figure out how I could do a meal or at least a fancy dinner and still have everyone walk around and mingle. I decided to go with the buffet style. Now for the food. I guess it should be a feast fit for a king. What does anyone recommend I have a cook already lined up. I am doing the Immortal Murders to raise money for the Wounded Worrier Project so everything has to be spectacular. :D
Thank you for this site is wonderful.
Barbara Roe[b[/b]
broe777

Return to Board index

Return to Poll for Hosts who have hosted our Parties