Skip to content

403 Forbidden Page notice everytime I try to purchase

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

403 Forbidden Page notice everytime I try to purchase

Postby icekyuu » July 27th, 2007, 6:46 am

Hi,

As noted in the subject heading, when I try to purchase the Four Deuces game I keep getting a 403 forbidden page. What's the issue? How can I purchase the game?

Cheers,
Jeff
icekyuu

Postby 2coolbaby » July 27th, 2007, 1:58 pm

It sounds to me like you are on a network that is blocking you from the page. Some edu and companies with tight network systems do this. It is a secure page and some networks just won't allow it. You might want to ask your IT people about it.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby icekyuu » July 27th, 2007, 10:19 pm

That's possible, but unlikely -- I am on a home cable network and unless there's something terribly insecure about this site I don't think security is the reason. Is there an alternative way for me to purchase?
icekyuu

Postby 2coolbaby » July 28th, 2007, 1:17 pm

There is nothing unsecured about our site. We use comodo ssl encryption on any pages which accept personal information. We do not save credit card information. We work hard to provide our customers a secure environment.

Normally we do not to take phone orders, but you can call on Monday after 10 am and ask for Mary Lee. I will place your order for you.

If you are wondering why we do not like to take phone orders, here it is:

Phone orders are mostly processed online, just like you would get in our store. The difference is that the customer is also providing all of their credit card information, including cvv2 code... everything to the person on the other end of the line. That person may make $6 and have no morals.

There are very few cases of identity theft from an online purchase. When there are, it is for one of 3 reasons... the payment form was insecure, the company was unethical, or they store your credit card numbers in their database and got hacked.

Our form is secure, we are very ethical and we do not store numbers for anyone to access. Companies could all follow that policy, but one bad employee could do a lot of damage if phone orders are taken. I myself avoid ordering over the phone if at all possible.

Years ago, I was taking phone orders and a woman accused me of stealing her credit card info. It was a terrible situation and she was hysterical. She would not believe anything I said. Some scary threats were made. After a couple weeks, she discovered it was not me, but it was an awful experience. I decided then, that I really do not want to go through that again. So no phone orders, except in extreme cases.

I normally give a mini version of this lesson to anyone that calls to place a phone order. Everyone should know that phone ordering is less safe than online ordering from a reputable company!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby icekyuu » July 29th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Thanks, I was able to use my office network to purchase 4 Deuces.
icekyuu

Postby 2coolbaby » July 30th, 2007, 9:14 am

Glad to hear it. It was strange that you could buy it at work, but not home. It has to be some setting on your network, just not sure what.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?