Skip to content

didn't receive email link

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

didn't receive email link

Postby ashleyk » January 15th, 2005, 10:29 am

I purchased a 10 extra character packet last night, which is pending in my checking account, but I have not received an email receipt with a link and password from you.
ashleyk

Postby 2coolbaby » January 15th, 2005, 12:01 pm

You put in the wrong email address when you purchased the packet. You added an extra period (.) that did not belong.

It is very important to pay careful attention to the email address you enter when buying a game as this is where everything is sent to. I run into this a lot. Here are some tips to help ensure you get your email:

1. Use the auto fill feature in your internet browser. Most browsers have this feature. This way you fill in your email address into your personal information area and any time you start typing it the browser will fill it automatically. This is very helpful in ensuring you don't make mistakes. It is also a great time saving feature. For your safety never add any real personal info into this or anywhere on your computer for that matter. By this I mean your social security number, bank account numbers & pin codes.

2. Provide a correct phone number when you place an order. If I get a returned mail or have a problem with the order then I can be sure to be able to contact you. I do not do any form of telemarketing. The only time your number would be used is if it was necessary to solve a problem for you.

3. If you use PayPal as your payment processor be sure that they have your current and correct email address on file. This is very simple to do. Go to
http://www.paypal.com Log In using your ID & password, Click on Profile then click Email under Account Profile. If you are not sure if they have your current email address on file then do this before making a purchase.

3a: If you use PayPal and make an eCheck purchase instead of using your balance or credit card then it will take 4 business days for the check to clear paypal and for them to approve the transaction, at which time you will be emailed the info to get your game.

4. If you receive the payment receipt but not the download receipt then please read this topic: http://dinnerandamurder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186

5. Check that your mailbox isn't full. On the odd occassion we get a returned email because the reipients mailbox is over it's quota and all emails are being rejected.

A customers first instinct when they don't get their email is to panic & wonder if they are being scammed, especially when dealing with an internet business & we understand this concern. As you can see above there can be many reasons that your email isn't showing up. We have been in business for almost 3 years now & we always insure that the customer gets their product. Your business is our livlihood & we take that very seriously. This is why we provide phone support, email support and this forum. You can bet that scammers don't provide a forum for people to let others know they will get ripped off!

Internet shopping safety tip: When I buy from an unknown web site I do a web search to see if there are any complaints against this company. I usually won't buy from anyone that doesn't provide a telephone number unless they are a well known business. I have on the odd occassion done so, but I did enough web research on the company before hand that made me feel that I would be safe.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby LauraW » April 7th, 2005, 4:23 pm

I received the email and a link but it went to the main game download, not the extra characters. I am unable to find the extra characters.
LauraW

Postby LauraW » April 7th, 2005, 4:24 pm

Nevermind! I put in the wrong password. Sorry! :)
LauraW

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?