Skip to content

How do I know when the game ends? When do I read the sol'n?

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

How do I know when the game ends? When do I read the sol'n?

Postby Bibichi86 » September 4th, 2007, 3:54 am

Hi,
I'm hosting Murder at the 4 Dueces this friday with about 30 guests. I was wondering, how will I know when the game is winding down and about to end? When do I read the solution? Are there some key events that I should look out for so I'll know the game is ending? I'm afraid I won't know when to stop the game. :oops: Also, what if some guests have to leave early (before the solution is read?)

Thanx!
Bibichi86

Postby 2coolbaby » September 6th, 2007, 11:46 am

Due to so many variables, it makes it hard to tell you exactly how long a game will last. The average is 2.5-3 hours. You can feel when things start slowing down. After about the first 30 minutes of a murder mystery party, you will find your guests running around talking and scheming. There is a "busy" atmosphere. Once people get most of their goals accomplished things will slow down. When your party starts feeling like your normal party, (quiet, slow milling guests), then it is time to wrap things up.

I usually make an announcement telling people we will be wrapping things up in 15 minutes and if they have any last minute things to take care of, now is the time. At this point, people usually make a mad rush for the Evidence, because they suddenly realize they have been so busy plotting and backstabbing, that they forgot to investigate the murder!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?