Skip to content

Death By Chocolate -- question

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Death By Chocolate -- question

Postby Kimmy0713 » June 15th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Dear Mary,

I have been wondering.. does the Death By Chocolate mystery have a specific year or decade that it's supposed to be held, or could I decide that one for myself? I don't want to ruin the game for myself by looking at the character backgrounds to see if there is, so I figured I should ask.

Also, I remember my friend did the Four Deuces a couple years ago and in my packet I got suggested items to wear for my costume.. does Death By Chocolate also have that in the backgrounds?

Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Kim
Kimmy0713

Postby 2coolbaby » June 15th, 2006, 10:18 pm

Hi Kim,

Death By Chocolate is a contemporary game so it takes place in the here and now. A good suggestion for costumes is to tell people to come in jammies, robes and slippers. Great spa wear:-)
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Kimmy0713 » June 15th, 2006, 10:26 pm

Thank you so much for clearing that up! How about for the guys attending the party.. any suggestion for what they should wear? Since it is, a bachelorette party. =P

Oh & I also wondered about the murder. When Kinzie is murdered.. nothing particular happens, right? We just find her "dead" in a separate room?
Kimmy0713

Postby 2coolbaby » June 15th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Actually she will die dramatically in front of everyone. In fact a funny story about the first people that hosted this. They assigned Kinsey to a woman who was 8 months pregnant. When she grabbed her belly and started moaning bent over in 'pain' & then fell out. Everyone freaked out. Her sister-in-law was screaming "Call an ambulance" & people were grabbing cell phones, until they saw the 'dead' girl trying to not laugh! It was so funny once everyone calmed down!

I don't see why the guys can't come in lounge pants, robes and slippers like the girls! If they don't want to, then it is okay to allow them to dress how they want. It really is up to you. I am not a stikler who insists on people dressing in costume. Fortunately my kits work just as well with no costumes :wink:
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Kimmy0713 » June 15th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Oh great! The dramatic death will really make everything more interesting, that's for sure.

So it seems like a jumbo "sleepover" looking party, which sounds like a TON of fun.. thank you so much for clearing everything up! This is my sweet sixteen, so unfortunately we don't have anyone 8 months pregnant (haha), but I'll be sure to tell how the party went!

:)
Kimmy0713

Postby 2coolbaby » June 15th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Would love to hear it!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Kimmy0713 » June 16th, 2006, 12:41 am

Oh yes, and one more major thing:

If I have more guests than the 21 or 22 provided & I purchase the extra character packet -- those that receive from the extras won't necessarily know that they're just "extras", will they?
Kimmy0713

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?