Skip to content

urgent, please answer ASAP!

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

urgent, please answer ASAP!

Postby smoof » June 19th, 2006, 11:16 pm

I'm hosting the Death by Chocolate murder mystery, but I was confused and thought it took place in the 1920's. I already told all my guests (about 17 of them) to come in 20's costumes... will it still work? People are already buying their costumes and it is a bit late to change plans. Thank you!
smoof

Postby 2coolbaby » June 20th, 2006, 9:39 am

It takes place at a day spa. Even if it were in the 1920's people would not be all decked out in suits and dresses for a spa day. Besides that Death By Chocoalte is contemporary. Many of the things going on would not happen in 1920.

If you have a mixed group this would not work for you anyway. Death By Chocolate is for mostly all girls. There are only 5 optional male characters. I think you need our Murder at the Four Deuces game.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby smoof » June 20th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response! I don't know where I got the idea that it took place in the 1920's... maybe it was the link to the theme page in the email? I dunno. But anyway, I have another question if you don't mind... two actually:

1. I'm confused about the 'cotton swabs'. I know that they're supposed to be used as "obtaining samples" of the crime stuff... but how does this actually work? It's not like there's going to really be anything like blood or fingerprints to take samples of, right?

2. How would you recommend establishing a spa-like ambiance? I was thinking of having soft piano music playing and maybe candles, but I'm unable to do the whole spa treatment thing and I'm not sure how else to establish a good atmosphere.

Thank you very much.
smoof

Postby 2coolbaby » June 20th, 2006, 5:08 pm

My guess is you probably looked at our Murder at the Four Deuces 1920's gangster game and just confused the two.

The cotton swab just gives it a more realistic flavor plus it explains the Solution. How can we say that our cotton swab test revealed the murderer if we did not take one? :lol:

I would say soft ambient music (waterfalls, brids chirping, ocean surf etc...) and candles will work just fine. If you can stop the 1920's costume thing I would suggest instead robes and slippers!
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?