Skip to content

Accidentally Saw the Solution

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Accidentally Saw the Solution

Postby dkinnibu1 » September 1st, 2011, 5:52 pm

Hello,

First off I have to say, The Immortal Murders is an excellent concept for a MM!! I've been researching, looking for a story line that would interest myself and all my guests, this was the one!

I've been working on props, decorations, and a multitude of other design items since July for my upcoming event in October. In the process, just today, I accidentally opened the wrong file and before I knew what I was looking at, I saw who the murderer was. My plan was to, of course, host but also take a secondary character. I'm not sure that is possible now as I don't want to take the murderer role and host.

Would it work for me to take a secondary character and play as if I did not know the murderer, perhaps work to stir the intrigue a bit? Any suggestions? I really don't want to sit on the sidelines but I'm not sure what I can do.

Thanks for your time!
dkinnibu1

Re: Accidentally Saw the Solution

Postby 2coolbaby » September 15th, 2011, 1:08 am

As long as you do not use that information, then there is no reason you cannot play a main character if you want to. Listen, I write the games, so I know a WHOLE lot more than the murderer, but that has not stopped me from playing these games again and again. I just make sure that I never use the knowledge I have before the game, during the game. I have a ball playing. It is even fun just to watch how people are using the information I wrote for them. In your case, you will enjoy seeing how the murderer handles that info. It is fun to just see that.

Another thing about my games, is that by the time the game is half over, everything is new and different. By then people are creating their own schemes, taking the info they have in their own unique directions. Despite knowing everything at the beginning, I know nothing by the end.

Just have fun and don't stress it!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?