Skip to content

Downloaded files showing in PHP rather than PDF format

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Downloaded files showing in PHP rather than PDF format

Postby ellisa3 » April 19th, 2007, 4:02 am

HI
I downloaded the files after buying the Four Deuces game yesterday however when I am saving the downloads they are appearing as PHP files which I cannot open instead of folders containing PDF files (as the intro I downloaded did).
I am not overly computer literate and have no idea how to get these to appear in PDF format. I have Adobe Reader 7.0 installed so unsure what the problem is. I am really stuck - can anyone please help?

I have tried dowloading a few times but keep getting the same problem.

THanks

- Alison
ellisa3

Postby Shadow » April 19th, 2007, 7:20 am

Don't know if this will help but if the file ends in .php insted of .pdf try right clicking the file and then click rename. Change only the last two letters to "df" so that the new name ends in .pdf and save. Then try to open the file again. This will only work if the file is still in pdf format but the name got changed somehow. You won't know that until you try renaming and opening it. Either way can't hurt, if it doesn't work you can always rename it back to the .php extension and it won't change the file any.

If that doesn't work I am sure Mary will respond to you shortly, she ususally answers questions within 24 to 48 hours.
Shadow

Postby ellisa3 » April 19th, 2007, 7:34 am

Thanks but I had tried that already and it doesn't work, as the file type is still showing as PHP and I can't change that. Thanks anyway
ellisa3

Postby Shadow » April 19th, 2007, 7:37 am

email me the file to xxxxx and let me take a look at it.....
Shadow

Postby ellisa3 » April 19th, 2007, 7:40 am

That is really kind of you however I have just been advised by Mary Lee that it may be because I am trying to download the files at work and the firewalls are stopping it, so I will try and download them to my home computer tonight. If that doesn't work though I would really appreciate your help tomorrow if that would be ok? Thanks.
ellisa3

Postby Shadow » April 19th, 2007, 7:43 am

No problem, I actually have tomorrow off work because my party is this Saturday night and we have some final decorations and preparations. So that will be no problem. I will check my email throughout the day tomorrow and get back to you as soon as possible.

BTW isn't Mary great?!!!!!! You can't get that kind of service from any other company for any product you purchase!!
Shadow

Postby ellisa3 » April 19th, 2007, 8:04 am

Excellent - thanks! Yeah I agree she is very good - very quick at responding!

Hope your party goes well on Saturday night - hopefully I won't have to bother you tomorrow if it all works out tonight, but I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.
ellisa3

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?