Skip to content

Guest not coming

Find solutions to any problems you might encounter.

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Guest not coming

Postby casdorph » May 12th, 2007, 12:13 pm

We are hosting "The Immortal Murders" tonight, and just received a phone call that the guest cast as "The Inquisitor" will not be coming. I think this is an important character. What should I do?
casdorph

Postby AlphaSquirell » May 17th, 2007, 6:16 am

I apologize that this is a touch late, but here are some ideas for others, and in case this happens again to you:

Ask a guest with one of the "non-essential" characters to "trade" for the essential one. (it will but short notice and harder to do, but better to have the character MORE intertwined into the plot)

If you are the Host and have no character, play the missing character.

If the missing character is a "minor" character, have the first victim come back as the missing character.

At our parties, we've always got a few extra people (my mom runs it, my dad works the "bar", and a friend or two help take pictures and just serve as an extra person to talk to) just about always one of them has to quickly fill in for a missing person just before the party)

Again, sorry it was late, but I hope that can help in a future situation.

~Alpha
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

same problem..

Postby faerielette » June 4th, 2007, 6:47 am

I am having my (four deuces) party this friday and had organised all my characters and now have someone from interstate who cant make it (will arrive almost halfway through the mystery). She had the character of Vanessa Crooner. I have 23 people coming so have all 20 main characters and 3 extras. Everyone is extremely happy with their assigned characters and has already organised their costumes etc so I dont want to change characters - especially since the extra characters are all male. So I cant exactly make them female (and I doubt they want to be an old mother no matter how conniving she may be)

So basically, can the mystery go on without Vanessa Crooner?
faerielette

Postby 2coolbaby » June 4th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Vanessa is not a required character and therefore things will go on just fine without her.

It looks like I did not answer the guy who posted this question, but I had actually also received and email and called him to help out. I meant to get back here and answer, but wonderful Alpha Squirell jumped in a did it for me!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Have a Problem?