Skip to content

Quick question?

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Quick question?

Postby snap » September 11th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Hi!

I have a quick question about this game that I'm guessing some of you can answer. :-) First of all, I've never hosted a murder mystery before, so I'm not completely sure of how they work. I'm kind of figuring it out as I go along. :-) Murder at the Four Deuces sounds like a REALLY fun one to do, but looking at the page, it says that the regular version might not be suitable for religious parties or the very conservative. My question is this: How conservative do you have to be to disapprove of this game? It's going to be a large group I'm hosting, but there will be a couple of Christians there, as well as "conservatives," I guess you'd call them. We're all over 18, and I think blood, guts, intimate relations, and scandal will all be fine, in moderation. Would you compare the regular version to, say, and R rated movie? I appreciate any input people can give me on this. Thanks!!
snap

Re: Quick question?

Postby J » September 12th, 2008, 8:37 am

If "blood, guts, intimate relations, and scandal" are all fine, then the "mature" version should be fine as well

I just did another party last weekend, and had a few conservatives there as well. It wasn't bad at all...

The only reason I would say NOT to use the mature version is if people will disapprove of having:

1) Murder (Definitely, there can possibly be multiple murders committed by your party guests)
2) Intimate Affairs between people (Some cheating may be heard of, and some may need to confront it)
3) Lying (I'm sure many people will lie during the game that night)
4) Blackmail (Blackmail will surely occur during the game)
5) Threats (Definitely will occur)

So to answer the question, in my opinion, you would have to be ultra conservative to not enjoy the game.

It's not even as bad as an R-rated movie, as most R-rated movies are the way they are because of cursing. These games have no scripts, and such no cursing. The entire game is very light, it never gets very "serious." So I'd compare it to a good PG-13 comedy/scheming movie :D
J

Postby snap » September 12th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Haha, great. Thanks so much for the reply. :-)
snap

Postby 2coolbaby » September 13th, 2008, 12:27 pm

Thanks for helping out there J. The main problem people usually have is the few affairs. There are not many and we do tell you how to match up those having the affairs to real life couples. This way it will be real couples who are having and affair with each other. This gets rid of the whole jealousy factor that could come into play. We do not have touching, cursing, or just crudeness. Since we sell to real conservative groups though, we have to err on the side of caution in how we rate our games. In truth this game would be no more than a video games T rating, but it is easier to rate it mature, then to deal with an ultra conservative who objects to a T rating :)
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions