Skip to content

character questions

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

character questions

Postby girlygirl24 » October 11th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Hi Mary! Just a couple of questions if I can trouble you...

I have read the host guide and guest worksheet very carefully!
1) in between pronouncing Big jim dead and presenting evidence, does the inspector still have objectives of his own? concerned that as his character is more flexible due to no confidential booklet, that he won't know what to do in between his main duties.
2) I have 2 spare characters - if we run out of characters due to more than 2 additional murders (I don't really want to purchase the additional character pack), what do the victims/new inspectors actually DO with themselves? what do I need to tell them once they die and are assigned as inspectors?
3) I note that the congressman is a very important character. the guest worklist says to assign his character to the dead Big Jim only if you only have 10 guests as he is a vital character. the guide goes on to say that if you have more (as I do), then a secondary character, such as Bill Bumpkin, is a good idea. Is there any reason why even with more than 10 guests Big Jim could not play the congressman? The reason I ask is I have one/two shyer guests, and am left with the choice of an unreliable character (who i have provisionally assigned cash steal to!) to play the congressman, not ideal, or the shy guest. Again, not ideal! It would be easier if I could get the highly outgoing and up-for-it guest who is playing Big Jim to play the congressman once he dies. Could this work?

Hopefully the above are the last of my questions! Thanks so much, am soooo excited, and we are still 3 weeks away!
girlygirl24

Re: character questions

Postby 2coolbaby » October 13th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Hi!
1) in between pronouncing Big jim dead and presenting evidence, does the inspector still have objectives of his own? concerned that as his character is more flexible due to no confidential booklet, that he won't know what to do in between his main duties.

The Inspector is a very sneaky critter. He is the Inspector and therefore in a position of great power. He also has lots of secrets of his own. The best I can say is that he really has his hands full, so not to worry!

2) I have 2 spare characters - if we run out of characters due to more than 2 additional murders (I don't really want to purchase the additional character pack), what do the victims/new inspectors actually DO with themselves? what do I need to tell them once they die and are assigned as inspectors?

Just have them become Inspectors and they will investigate the murder and help with further murders. Also be sure to give them more game money though, as they can still buy secrets and then use it. Murders cannot happen until half way through the evening.

3) I note that the congressman is a very important character. the guest worklist says to assign his character to the dead Big Jim only if you only have 10 guests as he is a vital character. the guide goes on to say that if you have more (as I do), then a secondary character, such as Bill Bumpkin, is a good idea. Is there any reason why even with more than 10 guests Big Jim could not play the congressman? The reason I ask is I have one/two shyer guests, and am left with the choice of an unreliable character (who i have provisionally assigned cash steal to!) to play the congressman, not ideal, or the shy guest. Again, not ideal! It would be easier if I could get the highly outgoing and up-for-it guest who is playing Big Jim to play the congressman once he dies. Could this work?

That will be fine. If your other optinos are not ideal or as outgoing, then go ahead and do that. I have done so once myself for this same reason.

Hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions