Skip to content

Lights out - Murder during daylight

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Lights out - Murder during daylight

Postby 2coolbaby » October 13th, 2008, 8:14 pm

I have had several people ask me how to pull off the Murder at the Four Deuces staged murder during daylight hours. As you know, the lights are supposed to go out and plunge everyone into darkness. It is actually very simple. When it is time to 'turn off the lights', get everyones attention and then tell them to close their eyes and imagine that the lights just went off. Pop your balloon then tell them to open their eyes. And there you have it. Everyone knows it is a game, so you can suspend some aspects without the game suffering. Hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Lights out - Murder during daylight

Postby LadyJ » January 9th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Although my murder will be held at night - I am thinking about limiting access to only the "lounge" area prior to the murder. This is so that I can block off access to an adjoining room - and, thus not have to worry about turning out the lights in that room as well. (No door - large entry width that I'm planning on hanging black sheets - and rope off- to block access). I'm thinking it will also ensure everyone is in the same room when the original murder occurs. Does this sound plausible? Or will the limitation to one room prior to the murder limit playing ability? The adjoining room will house the blackjack/poker tables).

I wanted the lounge area to be candle-lit, however then would have trouble getting the room completely dark. Although I do have warm spotlights over the fireplace - that can be turned on/off from either side of the room. I think I can create a dim, warm atmosphere using these lights - and on one side, the switch will be hidden behind a fake wall. This will allow me to turn off the lights and pop a hidden balloon behind the wall (also hides the modern TV, etc).
LadyJ

Re: Lights out - Murder during daylight

Postby 2coolbaby » October 12th, 2015, 1:50 pm

That will be fine until the murder. Best even, as there are some confrontations that it helps if people hear them. It is not ideal to host the full party in a single room though. I know you aren't planning to, but I threw that out there for anyone else reading this that might confuse my answer to you.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions