Skip to content

4 Deuces - Character/Host questions (Party is 11/1/08)

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

4 Deuces - Character/Host questions (Party is 11/1/08)

Postby LindseyRaeDesigns » October 15th, 2008, 7:54 pm

I'm very excited, but a little nervous! I'm hosting the party November 1, 2008 and have some questions. I will be participating in the game. The party will be at my house. I was thinking of assigning the characters Don and MeMe Wannabe to my husband and I. Would that be ok? I'm only serving snacks/Hors d'Oeuvres, so I shouldn't be too busy with dinners or cleaning.

My next questions are with the Weapons scavenger hunt. Can I, as the host, opt out of participating in the scavenger hunt so that I can hide the weapon cards? (Is it possible to use prop weapons or should I just stick with the cards so they can be concealed?) Should I have more than one place where the weapons could be, that way others may not know if someone picks it up? Also, should I assume that all of the weapons have been found, since they won't want to reveal?

I'm so sorry for all of the questions! Thank you so much! Everyone is very excited about the party! Great Kit!!
LindseyRaeDesigns

Re: 4 Deuces - Character/Host questions (Party is 11/1/08)

Postby girlygirl24 » October 16th, 2008, 11:40 am

Hiya!

My 4deuces is on the same night!!! I too am planning on opting out of the scavenger hunt - only prob is, don't have a telephone book... will have to improvise! I am playing a very minor character as don't want to have to worry too much about hosting. I am planning a buffet but mary's suggestion was not to put the food out til after the murder so as to create a good time to give out the confidential info. As such, I will be in the kitchen for the before part, and dont want to be playing a major character. My partner is playing Capo tequila though! I think I will discreetly check to make sure all the weapon cards are found, there's not much else you can do!

Hope you enjoy your party, am soooo looking forward to mine!
girlygirl24

Postby popifun » February 17th, 2009, 3:14 pm

hi, the question you posted about the scavenger hunt is really vital and yet nobody answered you... now i'm wondering the same thing! as your party is already done, what did you do?? and how did you guys spend?!
also, did you used the dowload version, did it work right for ya?
:roll:
popifun

Postby LindseyRaeDesigns » February 18th, 2009, 12:15 pm

Hi-

For the scavenger hunt, I hid the weapons cards myself. I decided to use the weapons cards as they were easier to hide and easier for the person who got the card to conceal. I only had one place for each card to be, but I scattered them throughout a few rooms. Some people knew right where to look, but others didn't. I told people that if they find a card, they may not want to tell people they have it. So when people were looking for them, they were slinking around the house hoping that others wouldn't see them looking. Only two weapons cards were found at my party, but it wasn't a big deal. By the end of the night, only one was used. Since that is a secondary part of the game, it's not too big of a thing to worry about.

One piece of advice that I can offer - It's very important for you and all of your guest to read and remember each others character descriptions. I was so worried about how things would go, that I didn't focus on them enough. When the party came I forgot who was associated with whom and it got a little confusing. If your guests know how their characters relate to the other characters, they'll know who to chat with and who to try to get information from.

I had the box kit, but I'm sure you can download and print all the materials yourself. The fake money was the best and funniest part though... Good luck with your party! Let me know if you have any more questions.
LindseyRaeDesigns

Postby popifun » February 18th, 2009, 12:34 pm

wow, thank you very, very much for your answer! :)
I indeed have another question about you being the host. you know who did each murder, will that be fun if you know who did it??
thank you very much for your help! :)
popifun

Postby LindseyRaeDesigns » February 18th, 2009, 2:56 pm

No problem at all! I'll do my best to answer any questions that you have.

Actually, if you choose to play, the only murders you will know of will be the secondary ones committed with the weapons cards. Knowing these secondary murders won't ruin the game at all. The staged murder is the main part of the game. If you don't read anyone's confidential books or character books, you won't know who commits the first murder, but you will know who dies. You will play along with the others to try to solve this murder. When someone commits a secondary murder, they should tell you (and only you..the host) who they killed, where their "body" is and what weapon they used. This evidence can then be presented, so your guests can also try to solve these murders as well.

The first staged murder is the big one. You will be working to try to solve this one too. In fact, I couldn't solve it! I was wrong in my guess, but had a blast trying to figure it out!
LindseyRaeDesigns

Postby popifun » February 18th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Again, thank you!
your help is valuable :)
popifun

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions