Skip to content

what's the role of the police??

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

what's the role of the police??

Postby popifun » March 10th, 2009, 3:04 pm

let's say x knows who is the murderer (not the major murderer) and reports it to the police, in this case the inspector. What are the inspector's actions then?? what does he do since the game is not yet finished. he cannot possibly arrest someone. so what are his actions?
(this case involves generally reports to the police not just murderers)
popifun

Re: what's the role of the police??

Postby 2coolbaby » March 10th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Most people realize that knowing the identity of a murderer, gives them leverage for blackmail. In addition to this, you will read the Host Announcement, which is in the Host Guide, at the beginning of the evening. It tells people the following:
At the end of the party, you will fill out a Whodunit Card. Your eagle eye may catch a clue that no one else sees. If you deduce who the killer is before the end of the evening, please keep this information to yourself so as not to ruin the evening for anyone else.

Hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: what's the role of the police??

Postby popifun » March 12th, 2009, 3:59 pm

thanks for answering back so quickly.
i'm actually a little bit confused since i haven't actually played before and the first time i'm hosting anything like that, but i think everything is gonna be okay...
again thanks
popifun

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions