Skip to content

Carrie Crooner Song?

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Carrie Crooner Song?

Postby newbe » May 25th, 2009, 1:59 pm

Hi Mary Lee or anyone who can help

i am hosting the first time a murder mystery party (Murder at the Four Deuces). Somewhere in this forum I read a question regarding Carrie Crooner - the question was whether she has to sing a song and where to get appropriate music from. I am confused about the fact that Carrie Crooner sings a song... is that possibly a goal/task of Carrie Crooner? I have purchased the downloadable version of the game and discovered that there is even a "Flyer" that anounces the great Carrie Crooner as a singer.
As I am the host I might have to help prepare for this to happen (i.e. microphone; music .. maybe think about how to integrate this into the game regarding anouncement of the singer etc. )

My question is now whether Carrie Crooner will sing something and how I can possibly support this. As our party will be in a few days already I would really appreciate a very soon reply from anyone who has a clue ;)

Thank you very much for any information!!!!

P.S. For everyone who is searching for music: search in youtube for: 1920 music; charleston music ...
(you can even download these great videos and burn them on CD)
newbe

Re: Carrie Crooner Song?

Postby 2coolbaby » May 26th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Some people have someone that can sing wonderfully and assign them this character to play. No one at our parties can carry a tune :lol: which is why we have Carrie get up to sing, just before the murder interrupts her "song", or if asked we tell people that Carrie could not possibly go on after the dreadful incident... I mean really, her new husband was murdered!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby newbe » May 27th, 2009, 10:11 am

Thanks a lot for your advice ...
I got some songs from youtube and convinced our Carrie to playback the song...
The idea to have her "sing" just before the murder happens is great!

Thanks a lot again!!!
:)
newbe

Postby LadyJ » February 6th, 2010, 1:00 pm

So, if our Carrie can't sing - do we tell her that she really won't have to sing, that the murder interrupts at the last minute, or what? I thinking ours is gonna be pretty worried if she has to go all the way up to mic before she finds out she doesn't really have to sing :shock:
LadyJ

Postby 2coolbaby » February 7th, 2010, 2:18 pm

You can do that or you can just not have her sing at all. What you could do is after dinner announce that due to the death of her husband, Carrie will just not be able to perform tonight. Or you could just not do anything and people won't even notice!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby brynachndlr » November 4th, 2010, 10:35 am

Can we have Carrie sing? We are doing this for my 30th birthday, and though I would not classify myself as a singer, I don't sound like a cat being strangled. As it is my party- I was thinking it would be fun to sing.
brynachndlr

Postby 2coolbaby » December 26th, 2010, 11:05 pm

Of course you can. We have had reports of many Carries singing live at the parties.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions