Skip to content

Murders and replay value

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Murders and replay value

Postby chibiusa » June 6th, 2009, 1:40 am

Hi,
For some time I've been wanting to host an MM dinner party but I've never participated or been to one. After browsing the forums, I noticed that your MMs are very outside the box and it got me really excited about buying the Four Deuces! But first I have a few questions...

1) In some posts I gathered that the host can very well play any main or secondary character and be a part of the game; in others, it seemed like the murderer needs to inform the host he or she has committed the crime, which means the host can't really solve the murder. Does the Murder at the Four Deuces allow the host to fully explore the murder mystery experience or will I have to know who the murderer is?

2) Replay value-- Can the murderer be someone different every time or will every time I play Murder at the Four Deuces have the clues pointing to exact same character? I understand that we should explore different games and settings, but I'd also like to play different characters/roles each time for the same murder.

3) Will I have access to the RSVP online event manager if I download the game instead of ordering the boxed set?

Thank you so much and my husband and I look forward to hosting our first MM dinner! :D
chibiusa

Re: Murders and replay value

Postby 2coolbaby » June 6th, 2009, 3:18 pm

1) In some posts I gathered that the host can very well play any main or secondary character and be a part of the game; in others, it seemed like the murderer needs to inform the host he or she has committed the crime, which means the host can't really solve the murder. Does the Murder at the Four Deuces allow the host to fully explore the murder mystery experience or will I have to know who the murderer is

Only additional murders will have the murderer come to you. This is to prevent "bodies" from laying around for extended periods of time. You will still not know who committed the main planned murder.

2) Replay value-- Can the murderer be someone different every time or will every time I play Murder at the Four Deuces have the clues pointing to exact same character? I understand that we should explore different games and settings, but I'd also like to play different characters/roles each time for the same murder.

The first murderer will always be the same and cannot be changed, as the game has clues in character backgrounds, the Evidence and Solution all are tied into the killer and victims identity. With that being said, just about everything else will be different, as our games are driven by how people play their characters. This means no 2 games will be alike. I wrote the games and within 30 minutes of starting a game, I have no clue what is going on and I have a blast, even knowing the murderer and victim and the starting secrets. I never use my knowledge in the game environment and play my character faithfully. Our group has played Murder at the Four Deuces many times. I always assign new characters to my guests, so it changes things up. I also wait 6 months between games, as my friends are all pretty forgetful. The last time we played, I had a total of 3 people guess the murderer and they have ALL played it before! This is because they have forgotten. What you have to realize, is that solving the murder is really such a small part of the game. The real fun is all the backstabbing, plotting and conniving that goes on. People are only concerned about what they are doing or want to be doing. For the most part, they could care less who killed someone right after they arrived :twisted:

3) Will I have access to the RSVP online event manager if I download the game instead of ordering the boxed set?

Of course. The RSVP online event manager is there for ALL of our customers to use.

Hope this helps!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Murders and replay value

Postby chibiusa » June 6th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Thank you! Now I get it :)
chibiusa

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions