Skip to content

4 Deuces character assigning question

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

4 Deuces character assigning question

Postby nolifeking » June 27th, 2010, 3:28 pm

Hello,

I just received my copy of Murder at the 4 deuces, and while assigning characters I realized that we have only 4 females (and 8 males) attending. Is it possible to not use one of the 5 starting female characters and instead use one of the alternate male characters? If so, which would be best to cut? I haven't and would like to avoid reading all the secrets in case I get to play!
nolifeking

Re: 4 Deuces character assigning question

Postby shyturtle » February 13th, 2011, 6:21 pm

I don't know how well this will go over with your guests, but I just changed one of the female characters into a male character. To be more specific, I changed Carrie Crooner-Ravioli into Jerry Crooner-Ravioli. Since she's one of the more "entangled" characters, it has some interesting effects by turning a number of characters bi. Just make sure your crowd is comfortable with something like that.

If you want to avoid that, just make a female character male and strike out any romances or assign alternate ones. You could have a Baron Ravioli instead of Baroness.
shyturtle

Postby 2coolbaby » February 13th, 2011, 6:38 pm

It is almost impossible to change the intimate relations of the main game characters, just because so much about them is entangled with all of the other characters information.

What you can do here is sorta drop Vickie Ravioli. The first female murdered MUST be assigned to that character though. BUT, make sure you have exhausted all lines to get another female to attend and play this character.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Randie » June 15th, 2011, 9:24 am

So in that case could we have her murdered right after Big Jim and go from there? Would it be too difficult to turn the Baroness into a Baron?
Randie

Postby Randie » July 30th, 2011, 1:48 pm

For anyone interested in the answer of this question, I discovered that the Baroness is involved in a relationship. But I also discovered that the relationships aren't creepy, its not as if you have to over act those parts unless you really are in a relationship. It can be good clean fun, even if you are the wrong gender pretending for a few moments to be in a relationship with someone of the same gender, and it is hilarious at any rate. I say this all because I was VERY concerned. But things went WONDERFULLY! No one took those things to seriously.
Randie

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions