Skip to content

Additional Murders in a one room apt.

Questions about aspects of any of our games you might not understand or want to know more about.

Additional Murders in a one room apt.

Postby kerickson » July 6th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Hello! I've recently purchased Four Deuces for my birthday party this Saturday. We live in South Korea, and living spaces are a little smaller here, so basically we're playing the game in one smallish room. I'm a little concerned about how the additional murders are going to play out in this space. From what I've gathered by reading the host information, it looks like characters can murder each other by producing a weapon card and presenting it to the victim, then the victim "plays dead" until found and reassigned a new character. It seems like the murderer would probably only do this when the murderer and victim are alone (such that having an alibi would probably come into play while trying to solve that murder). This is virtually impossible in the space we're in.

One idea I had was to have guests present cards to each other secretly (the same way action cards might be presented). When the victim sees that they've received a weapons card, they must (as nonchalantly as possible) wait a few minutes, then die in the presence of everyone while exposing the weapon used (holding it in their hand or something). Since I'm not sure how the games are usually played, I'm not sure how that would work. What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions?
kerickson

Re: Additional Murders in a one room apt.

Postby 2coolbaby » July 23rd, 2010, 11:29 am

I do hope you sent a message to customer service, as those are answered daily. I handle the forum, but I have been on vacation the last 2 weeks (my first in 20 years), so I left work at work.

For others that might need this answer, your solution seems to be about the best way to do things. You might also have found bodies in the bathroom, or even outside. When space is small, people find a way to get their objectives accomplished.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Game Specific Questions