Skip to content

Non-Dinner Party??

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Non-Dinner Party??

Postby NWade » January 4th, 2005, 6:29 pm

Okay, I have a unique challenge:

I'm looking at hosting a Murder/Mystery party - but its supposed to be a house-warming without serving up food or doing a dinner. The idea instead is to try to adapt an existing Mystery-Party plot to take place as "acts", as we tour several different rooms in the house (instead of the usual switching of acts over several courses of the meal).

At the moment, we have a crowd ranging from 8 to about 25 people - and can tailor the attendance to the Mystery (but we'll be adults of mixed intimate relations). There are several large rooms in this house - so fitting a lot of people into each room at the same time is not going to be a problem, if we limit the party to 5 or 6 "acts" (only so many rooms in the house! *chuckle*).

I'm happy to do the adaptation myself - I've volunteered to moderate and have no problems knowing the outcome and such.... Do you have any products that would be adaptable to this? If not, do you know of anyone's products who might be?

Thanks a bunch! Much success to you in the new year!

Take care,

--Noel Wade
noel.wade@gmail.com

P.S. Nice Blizzard link at the bottom of the page. A fan, or did you just snag the skin for this site? I used to work at Sierra Software (Blizzard's parent company) myself. 8)
NWade

Re: Non-Dinner Party??

Postby 2coolbaby » January 6th, 2005, 11:12 pm

NWade wrote:Okay, I have a unique challenge:

I'm looking at hosting a Murder/Mystery party - but its supposed to be a house-warming without serving up food or doing a dinner. The idea instead is to try to adapt an existing Mystery-Party plot to take place as "acts", as we tour several different rooms in the house (instead of the usual switching of acts over several courses of the meal).

At the moment, we have a crowd ranging from 8 to about 25 people - and can tailor the attendance to the Mystery (but we'll be adults of mixed intimate relations). There are several large rooms in this house - so fitting a lot of people into each room at the same time is not going to be a problem, if we limit the party to 5 or 6 "acts" (only so many rooms in the house! *chuckle*).

I'm happy to do the adaptation myself - I've volunteered to moderate and have no problems knowing the outcome and such.... Do you have any products that would be adaptable to this? If not, do you know of anyone's products who might be?

Thanks a bunch! Much success to you in the new year!

Take care,

--Noel Wade
noel.wade@gmail.com

P.S. Nice Blizzard link at the bottom of the page. A fan, or did you just snag the skin for this site? I used to work at Sierra Software (Blizzard's parent company) myself. 8)

Our games can be played without dinner, but our games are not done in rounds or acts as you are thinking. It sounds like you want a scripted game, which we do not produce as we find them to be boring, more like playing a board game. I also cannot suggest a site that sells scripted games, as the few I do know of don't produce games that I would recommend as we have found all scripted games to be disappointing. Our games are more like a real life murder mystery where people really take on the persona of their characters, not read from a booklet or page. They have the freedom to do what they want, when they want. They are not caged to reading scripted lines when it is their turn. There is total interaction between all the guests. Sorry that I could not be of more help.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions