Skip to content

4 Deuces Teen for church groups

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

4 Deuces Teen for church groups

Postby Jeanne » January 7th, 2005, 4:30 pm

I really like the Murder at the Four Deuces Teen game but your site states that it isn't recommended for church groups. We would really like to play this. Is there a way to change it to 'clean' it up more?

Jeanne
Jeanne

Not for church groups.

Postby 2coolbaby » January 7th, 2005, 4:58 pm

The game can't really be changed because everything is built into it. Every detail has a plot purpose and is in more than 1 characters information. The game is a clean game especially by teen video game rating standards. It is just that there is liquor mentioned (It is a speakeasy & this was the major gangster trade of the times) but it is just a very small sub-plot of the game and only involves 1 character and the soon to be deceased character. The second thing that keeps me from recommending this game to churches is that some of the characters may 'see' other people. It never states they are having an affair and for all anyone knows they are just friends, but the innuendo is there. I have had tons of teens play the game without a complaint, but when it comes to dealing with many church organizations they want squeaky clean, which is just about impossible to accomplish in a murder mystery game. After all everyone is backstabbing & blackmailing. If everyone is a perfect angel then you have no conflicts. Writing the Killer Reunion (Class of 57) game was an excruciating pain that I never want to go through again. I wrote this game for churches & it was soooo hard to create a murder mystery game where everyone is basically good and honest. It took me almost 6 months working 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week! When I was finished my brain was fried:-) At the moment I have no plans to write another murder mystery game geared toward churches. I may consider trying to develop a new type of mystery game for them, but it would be very different from a murder mystery game. Right now my plate is very full. I have a list of about 20 games that need to get done so a mystery game is in the far future.

I am sorry that I could not be of more help to you. If this is for a church group then I cannot recommend it, because the last thing I want is a minister calling me to complain. I really don't need that guilt:-)
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions