Skip to content

The Inspectors Knowledge

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

The Inspectors Knowledge

Postby conradk » October 24th, 2007, 1:03 am

I'm trying to run The 4 Duces with some college friends, and I remember last time I ran it, the Inspector had read all the information. She essentially made sure everything ran smoothly and wasn't as much of a character as the host/supervisor. This worked really well, but now in a college situation, I don't want to isolate anyone if they want to play a full character. I've read on the forum the the inspector is a full character. Can you tell me more about the inspector's role in the game, and how to run a game without knowing all the secrets?
conradk

Postby 2coolbaby » October 24th, 2007, 1:29 pm

Not one person needs to read the entire game for everything to work perfectly. As long as the host has read and understands the Host Guide, then that is all that is required to run the game during the evening. All instructions are in there.

The Inspector in 4 Deuces has some really juicy secrets, which I will not reveal. We have added these since the first game release. His additional duties require him to act as the lead Inspector. Declare bodies dead, question everyone, present the Evidence and read the Solution at the end. A smart Inspector or Detective will also take full advantage of his position of power. I have had a few that played a straight up, by the book, law enforcer; but, in most cases, they are dirty coppers that take full advantage of their position of power. They can cover up your crimes or they can arrest you for them. In a room full of backstabbing criminals, it is always good to have law enforcement on your side! :twisted:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions