Skip to content

Should I buy extra characters?

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Should I buy extra characters?

Postby airidh » January 8th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Hi Mary,

I recently purchased Four Deuces for an upcoming party; as I review my guest list, though, I have realized that I have 9 men attending. When you account for one of the guests (the victim) playing 2 characters, that means I only have 1 extra male character to assign to any further murder victims.

Since I don't think I want to have tons of "Inspectors" running around, would it be better to purchase an additional character set?
airidh

Postby 2coolbaby » January 8th, 2008, 5:30 pm

That really is up to you. There are 4 weapon cards that can be used. You could only have 1 male murdered or you could have all 4 be males. But, even if all 4 murder victims were male, you would only have 3 extra inspectors running around. Although, it is unlikely that all of these murders will be male.

If you are on a strict budget, then you might want to get by without the packet, but if you can afford the packet, then I would purchase it. You can get by without it, but you are assured of having enough characters with it.

Another thing is if we are talking about the Four Deuces, the #1 extra character packet has a bartender in it, which could come in handy for the busy host :twisted:

See why I said it is really up to you :lol:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions