Skip to content

Thinking about hosting my first party...

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Thinking about hosting my first party...

Postby Froggymh » February 21st, 2008, 11:13 pm

First of all I want to start off by saying that I am very excited to host my first murder mystery party! Your website seems just the thing I needed to help me. Anyway I plan on purchasing the boxed version of the Murder at the Four Deuces but I am a little confused about the host guide. I viewed the preview of it on the website but I have a few questions..ok maybe a little more than a few lol. My boyfriend and I plan on hosting the party at his house. I was thinking that he could be Don and I could be MeMe. Since we are hosting the party I figured it would be fun to play those parts seeing as how they are the ones opening the club. I'm just confused on the hosting part...is it going to be ok for me to host the party and play MeMe? I thought it should be ok as long as I don't read the character's confidential information but then I read that if someone commits a murder they must tell the host. How can I play if they are telling me about the murders? Also, the murders that take place with the weapons cards..how do they mesh with the original murder. Are we solving the one big murder in the beginning or all the side ones as well? Since I'm hosting and playing the game, should I have an outside party member hide the weapons cards? Maybe it's just that I've only read the preview on the website and the game explains all this better...maybe you can help me understand a little bit better...
Thank you sooooooooooo much,
Michele
Froggymh

Postby 2coolbaby » February 22nd, 2008, 10:51 am

That is a LOT of questions. It would really be easier if you were to call our Customer Service line to get answers to all of this. All of these questions are addressed in different areas of this forum also. You can call 888-791-1635 from 10-5 CST. If work restraints prohibit you from calling during business hours, then email us with your phone number and the best time to reach you and we will call you at your convenience. We want to be sure that you understand everything completely.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions