Skip to content

Room Requirements

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Room Requirements

Postby shgdancer » April 27th, 2008, 10:46 am

I am hosting this at a hotel. Can it be done within a hotel meeting space, or do I need to rethink using this game?
shgdancer

Postby 2coolbaby » April 27th, 2008, 11:51 am

It depends on the space. I have hosted a few parties at hotel conference rooms. You want to be sure they have enough room to move around and mingle. It would be nice if they could find privacy and even in this environment they tend to. At one venue, bodies were dropping like flies in the restroom. Another had an outside deck that people were drawn to and the 3rd place had a kitchenette which ended up with a couple bodies. Due to the nature of these games, it is very hard to confine the guests to just one small space. They will want to have private conversations and you will be surprised at their ability to find a way to, if one isn't obvious. So I would look closer at the space you are using to see if this would be possible. Is the room small and people will be packed at a table with no room to mingle? Will they have areas to find privacy? The answer to these questions will determine if an interactive murder mystery will work in the area you have.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions