Skip to content

Using your games for web-based creative writing

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Using your games for web-based creative writing

Postby dmleach » June 11th, 2008, 9:57 am

I am part of a community of writers and role players within World of Warcraft. We create stories based on our characters in the game and act them out, both within the game itself as well as with creative writing on the publisher's official forums.

One of my characters is a retired policeman. I'd like to write a story about his time on the beat, and thought a murder mystery would be a fun way to do it. I noticed that one of the characters in "Four Deuces" is indeed an inspector.

I'm interested in purchasing a copy of "Four Deuces," adapting the setting to the Warcraft universe (changing the names and professions of the characters, for example), and using it as a framework for a new story. Would you be comfortable with this? I'd be happy to give or withhold credit for your work as think is best.

If you'd like some more context, here's an example of a story I created for another one of my characters, a wizard named Colquitt:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4991&sid=1
dmleach

Re: Using your games for web-based creative writing

Postby dmleach » June 24th, 2008, 2:38 pm

It's been a couple of weeks; I thought I'd bump this topic to see if I could get a response. Thanks so much!
dmleach

Re: Using your games for web-based creative writing

Postby 2coolbaby » July 9th, 2008, 5:36 pm

I would prefer that you call me, as I am really not sure of what it is you are doing. I visited the site and that still did not help me much. My business number is 888-791-1635.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions