Skip to content

2 more questions!

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

2 more questions!

Postby girlygirl24 » October 6th, 2008, 10:45 am

Hi Mary lee, thanks for answering my last questions regarding murder at four deuces. i am now changing my mind to do immortal murders as its a halloween party im hosting! as i am having a finger food buffet, when do you think would be the best time to give out the secrets books, to try and avoid awkward silences while people read? not having a sit down dinner, as would do it then otherwise.

also, will probably ship the boxed version across the pond to the UK... how long does 'USPS Express mail International' take to deliver?

am very excited, although admit to being a bit worried that us boring brits wont get into the role-playing and 'let's pretend' atmosphere quite as well as the americans do! :D
girlygirl24

Re: 2 more questions!

Postby 2coolbaby » October 7th, 2008, 8:44 am

First off, there is no such thing as "boring bits" with these games. Your party will move at a high octane energy until the end of the evening, when things finally start winding down. But, you will have to allow time for people to read their Confidential Booklets. Serve your finger food buffet after the murder. Do not put it out until then. Let everyone get a plate of finger foods and then give them the confidentials. While it is not a sit down dinner, people will still have time to sit, munch and read. It should take no more than 10-15 minutes to read and absorb the confidential. Only a few minutes to read, but they need to be able to think about the information.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby girlygirl24 » October 7th, 2008, 10:07 am

Hi Mary Lee - sorry, i wasn't insinuating there were any oring bits in the games - I meant 'boring brits' - as in the notoriously stuffy british nation! Just hoping they will all embrace the nature of the game in the same way all the people on this forum seem to report that their guests have!

Also thanks for the good advice regarding buffet - I was planning on having it ready when they arrive, but your suggestion is much better.

PS... have changed mind AGAIN! Am back to doing MAFD, not Immortals. Sounds more fun! How long does delivery take roughly?
girlygirl24

Postby 2coolbaby » October 7th, 2008, 1:22 pm

We ship within 2 business days and it takes 2-5 business days for international delivery, as long as there is no hold up at customs, which we have not had yet, but I always want to note it is a possibility.

I personally like both games, so I would have a hard time making a recommendation :mrgreen:
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions