Skip to content

Host and Character

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Host and Character

Postby hainlam » October 18th, 2008, 6:11 am

We are thinking about purchasing Four Deuces for my birthday. I will be mostly in charge of decorations and actually mailing invites and info to guests and keeping track on that end. My husband will act as host- but also wants to play Don Wannabe and me his wife MeMe. However, he doesn't want his knowledge to mess up the game. We thought about having my grandmother (who will not be attending) stuff all the character bios and confidential material, solution, etc into envelopes for us. Will this work? Or does my husband have to have more knowledge, does he need to read everything for the game to work? I understand that he will have unfair knowledge- based on murders and what not.. but thought it would be fun if he could be Don. Does this make sense? Thanks in advance!

Also if people get murdered- do they have to assume another character (because all of ours are taken) or can they just become a waiter or a dealer at our blackjack table?
hainlam

Re: Host and Character

Postby 2coolbaby » October 20th, 2008, 5:59 pm

This is partly the reason we put everything into booklet format. You can stuff the background booklets without seeing anything you should not. Just don't open and read them. The same goes for the Confidentials, which people get after the murder, later in the evening. Don't read the Solution either. If you have the download, we have everything designed where you will not see any give aways on screen, or after printed, unless you make an effort to do so.

In the box, booklets are already made and the solution is already stuffed in the envelope, so there is no chance of seeing anything... unless you choose to.

You can have them work the party or have them come back as an Inspector, which would be more enjoyable for them, I would think. This way they are not knocked out.

Playing the Don will not in any way give him unfair knowledge at all. The ONLY person who knows who kills Don Ravioli is the murderer. Even Don Ravioli doesn't know.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Host and Character

Postby hainlam » October 21st, 2008, 4:43 am

Awesome!! Thanks. We ordered the downloadable version, can't wait to play!
hainlam

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions