Skip to content

Murder at the Four Deuces & Church Crew

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the Four Deuces & Church Crew

Postby TeeStew » March 16th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Hi,

I have two groups that are going to combine for the evening to participate in a Murder Myster and your Murder at the Four Deuces -- that is the prohibition one, right? -- sounds good. Because it is a church group I want to keep it clean. A small amount of suggestiveness is OK, but no crude language or plays on names that are super offensive.

I know you also have a teen version but I don't want the dumb it down for our participants. Which to you recommend?
The regular version or the teen version?. Also the group is just over 20 people. I guess it would be best to order the extra character set too, right?

Thanks
TeeStew

Postby 2coolbaby » March 17th, 2005, 5:52 pm

I would recommend the teen version if you have church people attending. It is in no way 'dumbed down'. This version has all the same plots and sub-plots as the mature version. I just made a few slight changes to the mature version to make it more palatable to a larger audience. Mainly that Meme is a Matchmaker instead of a Madam, no brothel & the word affairs is not mentioned. You still have people that 'see' others. It may be an affair or they might just be having meetings they don't want others to know about. It will be up to those people to decide how they want to play it.

None of my games have offensive or crude language in them. No one is ever told to touch or proposition another person in any way. I strive to handle all my games content in a tasteful maner. I rate some of them as mature just because they contain subjects that are mature. IE" Affairs, a brothel, ladies of the evening etc... Even this I handle tastefully. The madam is no longer a 'working' girl, she is just a business woman now. There is another character that was a 'working girl' at one time, but she is now a respectable woman and does not want anyone to know about her past occupation. So no one plays an actual prostitute. I believe it is possible to present mature content in a way that isn't offensive, but the fact is that some people will be offended by the simple fact that there is a madam as a character. This is why I offer the Teen Rated version. This does not mean it is 'dumbed down' in any way. Just that it is cleaned up to prevent offending anyone.

If you are going to have over 20 people then I would definetly suggest one of the Extra Character Packets. They were specifically created to expand parties for larger groups.

Hope this helps you!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions