Skip to content

restaurant?

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

restaurant?

Postby Mingming » November 13th, 2009, 5:33 am

Hi,

I am planning on purchasing a murder mystery game for my 21st birthday party which will be held at a restaurant on a Saturday night. There is also a possibility that the restaurant might put our group of 30 onto two tables. Can you recommend any games that can be played at a restaurant?
Mingming

Re: restaurant?

Postby 2coolbaby » November 15th, 2009, 3:14 pm

If you are going to be viewable to the public, I would highly suggest not doing a murder mystery, unless it is one of those sitting around the table reading from cards kind of game. Sitting at 2 tables might just inhibit this kind of game though. We have hosted in a restaurant before, but we always had a private room and diners were told there was a murder mystery going on when they asked about the strange dressed characters running around.

Years ago some people were hosting a murder mystery party in a restaurant and a mock gunshot with a body dropping sent people into a panic. They were running, diving under tables and calling 911. You really want to avoid this scenario :oops:

If you are in a private room with room to move around and hold private conversations, then you can do any of our games, but if not, I am at a loss for what to suggest for you. Since I dislike all scripted games, it would be impossible for me to recommend one for you.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: restaurant?

Postby ronnijean » January 5th, 2011, 2:18 am

This is an older thread that I'm tacking onto - but I am seriously considering using a restaurant to throw my party (Four Deuces). We'll have a private room and the majority of my guests are not the type to mind being costume in a public location. :) I wanted to use a restaurant because I didn't want to have to mess with food or cleanup!

I'll post back in a couple months and let you know how the restaurant worked out.
ronnijean

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions