Skip to content

murder by chocolates

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

murder by chocolates

Postby gaby » September 30th, 2005, 4:56 pm

I want to plan a birthday party using murder by chocolates,don´t worry i can wait till it comes out. Anyway I want to start looking at stores for stuff I can use so I can buy it little by little, but can you tell me if it has any specific theme i could use?
gaby

Postby 2coolbaby » September 30th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Chocolate is the main theme :D But we are going to be starting this game in October and so we will have much more information then. I am nose deep in the Halloween Game right now so I do not even want to try to think too much. Basically I am thinking of a Girls Night Out at the luxurious Lady Godivas Spa.

Hope that helps a little.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby PersonalChefJoni » February 20th, 2006, 11:59 am

Mary Lee,

It was nice speaking with you on the phone awhile back....

Any updated date on this? Not trying to bug you, but I need to know if I have to come up with "plan b" for a March 23rd party I am hosting for a client..

Thanks!
Joni
PersonalChefJoni

Postby PersonalChefJoni » March 2nd, 2006, 10:10 am

I'm still hoping for an answer....
PersonalChefJoni

Postby 2coolbaby » March 2nd, 2006, 10:34 am

I WILL have it done this weekend. I have been overrun with emails and phone calls asking when it will be done & this in itself has put me behind on getting it done. It is sooo hard to write and keep thoughts in line with constant interruptions. This past week I just quit replying to try to get this finished. I haven't been trying to be rude, but I just need to work uninterupted to get it done. I so sorry that I have not replied earlier as that is not my way, but writing just doesn't do a schedule well at all. I will contact you as soon as I get it done and send you a free copy for the trouble.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

similar question, deleted post

Postby eileithyia » March 9th, 2006, 11:57 am

I posted in January asking when Death by Chocolate would be done. I waited awhile with no response, and when you put up the message that you were nearing completion and to please not disturb you, I was very excited and decided not to post again until the game was released (I understand how interruptions can interfere with creativity).
But then my post went AWOL.
That is why I am posting now with my other question. Several of my friends will be meeting for the first time, and a few are shy. I am a little concerned that we will struggle without scripts, but your reviews seem reassuring. Have you ever had complaints about the lack of scripts with shy people? Just wondering.
Looking forward to the game!
eileithyia

Shy Guests & scripted games

Postby 2coolbaby » March 9th, 2006, 2:16 pm

First I will let you know that this kit will be out tomorrow! I am just giving it all a good once over and putting on the finishing touches.

I have not once in 4 years of selling these had a complaint about the fact that they are not scripted. In fact all feedback I have recieved from people who have done scripted games is that they will never go back to scripted games after doing mine. Read my full post that tells you all about the difference between ours and the scripted games here:

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/forum/v ... .php?p=387

Now I have posted before in depth about shy people playing. A couple things: if someone is deeply shy, I suggest assigning them a secondary character. This way if they just cannot bring themselves to participate it is okay. They can sit back in a corner and watch everything. That in itself could be very fun. BUT... In all my years of doing these, with many shy people in attendence (including myself), I have never once seen any shy person sit back and do nothing. I guess the best place to start is go into some of the shy phsycology. As someone who was painfully shy growing up I know the pain of being shy. No one who is shy WANTS to be shy. Us shy people would love nothing better than to be outgoing social butterflies. Shyness makes a social life almost impossible to have. We have a hard time forming close friendships. We have fears of rejection. BUT... in a murder mystery party we take on roles and personalities that are not our own. We do not have to fear rejection, because we are not being us! We do not have to strike up conversations out of thin air. People will have a reason to come and talk to us & we are fre to take on this other personality and be free. It really is hard to describe how non-shy your shy guests will be playing a character.

If there are any other shy people out there who have played our games I would love to hear your experience here!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions