Skip to content

Murder at the four deuces - 10 player vs 12-20 player

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Murder at the four deuces - 10 player vs 12-20 player

Postby lavaghman » January 19th, 2006, 1:47 am

Hi there,
was in a bit of a dilimma about the 10 person or the 12-20 person game. We have 10 people but would like to invite a few more. If we only end up with about 12 to 14 people will the game be less enjoyable because so many of the characters are used that belong to the 20 person game?

Also is it possible to randomly pick characters from the second 10 as we have more girls than guys?

Thanks for your help,
John :D
lavaghman

Postby 2coolbaby » January 19th, 2006, 8:08 am

The game will not be less enjoyable with just the minimum attending. The purpose of the minimum is to provide you the number that will allow your party to be fun and make sure everyone attending has a good time.

After the minimum 12 - 6 girls/ 6 guys you can skip over male or female characters in assigning without a problem.

I would also suggest printing the left over characters to have on hand in the event you have any other guests meet an unfortunate demise. What this does is actually bring new intrigue into your party.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Becoming a new character?

Postby lavaghman » January 19th, 2006, 7:40 pm

ah ok thanks for that. Can I do all this as host without become aware of vital facts and still playing?

And also with the last bit of your reply did you mean that if the killer murders someone else we can then give this person a new character?

Thanks again for the advise,
John :D
lavaghman

Postby 2coolbaby » January 19th, 2006, 7:43 pm

HI John,

Yes you can do this and play to. Just do not read any of the character sheets or the solution as directed in the Host Guide.

When I talk about other murders I am referring to other murders that might occur at your party by any one of your guests. There is more information on this in the Playing Tips and in the Brochure that you give to each guest.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions