Skip to content

victim, info timing, weapons cards

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

victim, info timing, weapons cards

Postby julie » July 26th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Hi!

I'm thinking about buying the Four Deuces mystery to use for my husband's upcoming birthday dinner party but in comparing it to a few other murder mystery websites I have a few questions.

1. how is the victim role handled? is a guest assigned as victim and if so what does that guest do after the murder?

2. do the guests receive all of their character information upfront or is any additional information handed out during the evening?

3. not that we'd want to, but could we play without the weapons cards?

Thanks! It sounds like so much fun that I'm actually looking forward to the planning and decorating and everything.
julie

Re: victim, info timing, weapons cards

Postby 2coolbaby » August 18th, 2010, 4:18 pm

I am sorry I took so long getting back. I am having some health issues that have prevented me from sitting at a computer.

1. how is the victim role handled? is a guest assigned as victim and if so what does that guest do after the murder?

A guest is the victim and we provide another character for him to play after the murder. This is why for a game for 20 guests, we actually provide 21 characters.

2. do the guests receive all of their character information upfront or is any additional information handed out during the evening?

They get their Character Background Booklet beforehand. After the murder, they also receive a Character Confidential booklet. When they arrive, there are a few characters that may receive character items. After the Evidence is presented there is a weapon and action or spell card drawing or scavenger hunt, so characters may also get these. That is it until the end when they get a Whodunit Worksheet to provide their guess on who the guilty party is and to also vote for Best Costume etc...

3. not that we'd want to, but could we play without the weapons cards?

You could but unless your group is just REAL conservative, then there is no way that I would do that. The weapon cards are a great source of intrigue at any party. They aren't just used to commit murder. You have smart guests that use them in plots they are hatching, like maybe offering their services as a hit man to a powerful character at the party. Or just selling them to the highest bidder. You would be amazed at the many ways they are used.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions