Skip to content

Ratings

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Ratings

Postby Bedazzled » February 22nd, 2007, 2:14 am

I'm currently planning to play murder at the four duces for my 16th birthday but am not sure if I should get the teen rated one or not. I'm aware that you have said that the normal four duces is for 17+ but am afraid that we may lose some aspects of the game if I go for the teen version. Most of my friends would certainly be able to handle the affairs and house of ill repute but I think my mother would be more comfortable with the teen version. So my question is, do you think the themes in the normal four duces are too much for a bunch of 16 year olds and how much difference does the lack of affairs and house of ill repute make to the overall game?
Bedazzled

Postby AlphaSquirell » February 26th, 2007, 1:20 am

I did Four Deuces for my 16th birthday, and let me tell you, the "Teen" version is plenty. :) Not all that much is different, to tell the truth. It's just a touch watered down to suit the parents, while still keeping in plenty of the "good stuff". More or less, it was created, aimed at adults. Parents wouldn't like that, so a "Teen" version was created. From everything I've seen/read, there's no real point in having a "Teen" version except to appease mothers. Gameplay shouldn't really be any different.

You should be fine with the Teen version, don't worry.
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions