Skip to content

Young children?

Thinking of purchasing a game, but still have questions? Post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Young children?

Postby thytoeung » March 5th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Hello! I doing this with a group of families and friends (all couples as the game prefers), but some of the families have children. The oldest is 7, and the rest are five and younger.

Since this is a class reunion, I figured it'd be okay to have kids milling about - more chances to cause some deaths! ;) Am I right in thinking that?

Thanks!
thytoeung

Postby 2coolbaby » March 6th, 2007, 5:38 pm

I don't see any problem with kids milling about, especially since you have the clean game, under one important condition. You MUST make sure to explain to them that the adults are playing a make believe game & each person makes believe they are someone else. They need to know to not be surprised by people acting different than normal as they are just pretending.

We actually went into more detail than that with our son and grandchildren when we let them attend their first murder mystery party. I did not want to traumatize my son by seeing someone arguing with me and then me falling over dead! This is something to keep in mind. I made sure they understood exactly what would be going on and that it was all just pretend. They were quick to see and understand, but think about being a 4 year old going to a party and suddenly mommy isn't being mommy anymore. No one is being who you know or acting like they normally do. People are having arguments and 'dying'. With no preparation that could be terrifying for a young one.

So yes, children can attend and mingle about as long as they are armed with the knowledge of what is going on and what they can expect.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Pre-Purchase Questions