Skip to content

Question about Extra Characters

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Question about Extra Characters

Postby 2coolbaby » December 22nd, 2004, 4:03 pm

I've recently purchased your Four Deuces Murder Mystery for a New Year's Eve Party and have all 20 characters filled.  There are still a few people who might come, and I was wondering if you have extra characters that are appropriate for this theme.  I looked at the two choices for extra characters, and I'm not sure if they would fit in with the Four Deuces theme.

The Extra Characters do work in with any of our games. The main thing that helps this is that you will download game specific secrets and give each extra character a couple. They get everything else that the rest of your guests receive including game money, News Item, character sheet & Guest List. As you know we include the Guest List in Word document format so that you can add the extra characters that you will be using to this list to insure they don't feel like they are secondary characters. I have had guests that played their extra characters so well that they were actually chosen by many at the end to have been the murderer!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

some confusion

Postby savyprincess55 » July 14th, 2006, 10:17 pm

I recently ordered the extra character packet for Murder at Four Deuces, where the info mentioned, "We add the extra character to their booklets Guest List so that they do not know they are not primary characters.", but I could not find the extra characters listed in their Guest List . . . what did I miss?

Also, I thought I saw somewhere on the website that the guest list was put on a word document, so you could type in these extra characters to the master guest list, so even the primary characters would know about these extra characters. But, the files are all pdf's, so I can't edit them.

And, (sorry, one last thing...) There was something about a link to get game specific secrets for each character. Since this packet is already part of a certain game, are the secrets built into the character booklets?

Thank you for your help!
savyprincess55

Postby 2coolbaby » July 15th, 2006, 12:50 pm

If you will look at the guest list in each extra characters booklet you will see their name and description in it so they do not think they are tacked on guests or characters. I do not add all of the extra characters as there just is not room to do that in the booklets & it really isn't necessary. The reason there is not a guest list in word format in these kits is because they have been re-designed with booklets and as I mentioned above there just isn't room to add characters. If you would like to you can create and design your own list of the extra characters and print it out to give a copy to everyone or insert in the booklets.

The 4 Deuces Extra Characters have Confidential booklets of their own, just like the normal characters, so you do not need to download anything for them.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information