Skip to content

Venue Question

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Venue Question

Postby silicon » January 19th, 2008, 8:45 am

I am hosting 'Murder at the Four Deuces' next Friday in a bar. We have been designated 2 private rooms for this purpose but will be sharing the communal toilets and also the bar area when murder mystery participants wish to buy drinks. (When our rooms run out of drink).

Should I make it a house rule that when participants are using the communal areas they should not be permitted to talk in character, plot, scheme or bribe other participants to keep the murder mystery separate from non participants.

Or should I allow this and would doing so merely add to the flavour and create a good atmosphere for both participants and non participants.

What do you think?

Ps. Dead excited about the event. The game is wonderfully imaginative, easy to impliment (hopefully) and I cant wait to host the event.
silicon

Postby 2coolbaby » January 19th, 2008, 10:03 pm

I would say the only thing to forbid in public areas is murder. You really don't want a bar full of people panicking at a mock murder :lol:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby silicon » January 20th, 2008, 4:26 am

Thanks for the reply 2coolbaby. An interesting reply you have given and one that surprises me actually. I had expected you to say mixing like this would not be a good idea. But my gut instinct was correct. I do think the mix will mean a fun evening for both participants and non participants.
I will definately keep to your advice about not allowing murder to happen in these areas though, as I certainly do not want to panic anyone.
Thanks for the reply.
silicon

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information