Skip to content

Changing Characters Names?

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Changing Characters Names?

Postby 2coolbaby » June 2nd, 2005, 2:11 pm

Hi Mary,  I was able to download game, everything OK.  I'm just wondering if there's a way to change the characters' names to our own names.  Please let me know.

You cannot change the characters names, as they are tightly interwoven into the game itself. Every character has references to several other characters describing their backgrounds and schemes.

In a murder mystery game people are taking on characters and their personalities. They are role playing. Part of the attraction of them is leaving your own persona behind and letting yourself go by playing someone else. I think your guests would much prefer playing characters whose names are either quirky or a pun on their characters personalities. There is a point to the names. During the writing process I actually spend days just developing the names and matching them to the characters.

Your kit has name tags which ensures that everyone would be easily identifiable. If you wanted to you could edit the Microsoft Word version of the Guest List that I also provide. You could put in the actual name of the person next to their character name so that people will be aware of who is who before they even get there.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information