Skip to content

Differences and Similarities...

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Differences and Similarities...

Postby auntkayairika » August 6th, 2010, 11:14 am

Hi,

I've only ever participated in a How To Host A Murder party before, which is similar to Dinner and a Murder. How different or similar or better or worse is Dinner and a Murder verses that of How To Host A Murder? I'm thinking of hosting The Immortal Murders for my family as a last get together before my brother heads to the East Coast for a couple of years. It looks like a TON of fun and the games are made for larger groups, which is awesome since there could be upwards of 24 of us. Anyway, I just wondered about the comparison and which people seem to prefer.

Thanks!
Airika
auntkayairika

Re: Differences and Similarities...

Postby 2coolbaby » August 18th, 2010, 4:34 pm

What I can tell you is that they are not at all similar and this is a VERY good thing. The How to Host a Murder games are more like scripted board games that go in rounds. Ours are nothing like that. Ours play just like a real party with these real characters attending. People are free to act out and use their information in any way that they want to. They say what they want, to who they want, when they want. There are actually so many differences that it makes it really hard to begin to list them all. The best thing you can really do is read the Contest Entries and the Immortal Murders reviews. These are all posted by real people that ran the game and they really do go into details of their party. This will give you a good idea of how they work.

The Immortal Murders is one of my favorites.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information