Skip to content

Weapons cards timeline

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Weapons cards timeline

Postby Laurie_S » October 21st, 2006, 11:31 am

Rather than giving 10 minutes to complete the clues and then another 10 minutes to look for weapons. Can I just say they have 15 minutes to complete the clues AND look for the weapons, that way not everyone is looking at the same time and it would be staggered a little bit?
Laurie_S

Postby 2coolbaby » October 21st, 2006, 12:07 pm

You could try that, but it might be a real unfair advantage for some who are much quicker at puzzles. Some people find them harder to do then others. This is why I suggest the 10/10 split.

One of the best things you can do is to get creative in hiding the weapons. I had a clue that led to a sponge once & the weapon was hidden in the pants of a spongebob squarepants doll! Make them continue to think outside the box even after they know the answers to the clues.
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Postby Laurie_S » October 23rd, 2006, 7:54 am

What should I do if the weapons are not found within the 10 minutes. I thought since maybe I cannot actually look for them because I am hiding them, if there are any left, I might just snag one for myself :)
Laurie_S

Postby AlphaSquirell » October 23rd, 2006, 8:14 pm

If they aren't found, just leave them be. Someone might stumble upon them later.

Of course, if all but one is found, you might want to grab it for yourself anyways.... (I know I would, the one time I had a weapon, it was at the Immortal Murders, and I was Merlin, and the weapon could only affect Mages, so I had the only thing that could kill me, kinda cool, but I didn't get to kill anyone)
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby 2coolbaby » October 25th, 2006, 10:00 am

Good answer AlphaSquirell! Thinking like an experienced murder mystery game player!

Until they host one of these people really do not realize how sneaky and backstabbing their friends are going to get at their party :twisted: - nor how much fun it is.

You would not believe how many people ask me what they need money is for???? About 99.9% of people figure that out all on their own real fast. You gotta have cash to plot and scheme really good!
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Weapons cards timeline

Postby popifun » March 20th, 2009, 6:47 pm

what is better for a host hide them himself to find nice hidden places or someone else hide them for him so he/she can have fun finding them and later on even being able to kill???
help... i don't wonna miss any fun really that is why i'm wondering...
popifun

Re: Weapons cards timeline

Postby 2coolbaby » March 25th, 2009, 7:57 pm

If you have someone that isn't participating at the party or they don't mind not getting a weapon, then by all means have them hide the weapons for you... don't peek :wink:

Just give them the weapon cards and the instructions. This is why we put the hiding places on the back of the instruction sheet.
Mary Lee
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information