Skip to content

Death by Choc Ques relating to spa treatments during play

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Death by Choc Ques relating to spa treatments during play

Postby mommyof3 » November 10th, 2006, 1:55 pm

My party is TONIGHT....I've read the host guide too many times to count. Is it my understanding that WHILE spa treatments are taking place - we continue to play the game - or do you break for pampering and then get back to play?? My spa gal can do groups of 4 in 15min intervals. I want to prepare her on what to expect. Thanks for your QUICK reply!!
mommyof3

Postby 2coolbaby » November 10th, 2006, 2:18 pm

The murder mystery starts when guests arrive and continues on till the end of the evening. Everyone comes in character and stays in character throughout spa treatments. These characters are at a spa :lol:
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Coming in character: please help!

Postby hmoffie » October 8th, 2007, 9:36 pm

I'm hosting Death by Chocolate. We've invited people to come at 4:30 for spa treatments, yet one of the essential characters just cannot arrive until around 6. Thus, we don't actually plan to start the content of the game until all 8 essential characters have arrived (this seems only fair).

Should we still have people come in character? I've always had everyone come in character and stay in character throughout the evening, but with a late-comer this seems awkward (trying to be in character but not playing the game or revealing anything yet...). The reason we've still invited people earlier is to make sure there's time for spa and relaxation. Additionally, we live in a large city where most will arrive by public transit and may wish to slip into their spa wear after they arrive, again suggesting that perhaps having a time where people will "become" their characters may be better. Would it work to just let people hang out as themselves doing spa activities (and perhaps continue setting up) and then announce when we'll really "begin"?

Also, a number are meeting for the first time. If you do suggest that people come and stay in character, yet people want to know each others' real names and info, would it be okay for Jenny to say something like "well, I'm Chastity Corman, but my friend Jenny who lives in this city teaches English..." so that we can stay in character yet find out about the real person a bit during the initial spa/waiting-for-everyone-to-arrive time?

Thank you! We're looking forward to a decadent experience!
hmoffie

Postby 2coolbaby » October 8th, 2007, 9:43 pm

Considering everything you have going on, I would suggest everyone attend as themselves, start getting to know each other and get spa treatments, then when everyone arrives commence with the party.

This would not be my normal suggestion, but your situation is unique.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information