Skip to content

Tips to throw a Last Minute or Surprise Party:

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Tips to throw a Last Minute or Surprise Party:

Postby 2coolbaby » November 24th, 2004, 4:21 pm

You just decided at the last minute to throw together a party. What do you do? Can you throw a last minute Murder Mystery Party?

Sure you can! Here are a few ideas to do just that:

Make it a Surprise Murder Mystery Party! After everyone arrives tell them they are getting ready to take part in a murder mystery. Assign the characters and give each person a copy of the How to Play Brochure, Guest List, News Item & 1st part of their Character Sheet (If Class of 57 or Killer Reunion then give them both parts). Give them about 30 minutes to go over everything then start the game. This is really a great way to throw a party.

If you want it to be a theme, as in our 1920 Murder at the Four Deuces just tell people your party has a gangster theme and ask them to dress in 20's style! You may need to provide a couple of the props that characters are asked to wear. Just lay the props out and tell your guests that the props are here and if their character sheet tells them they need one to come up and take the prop they need.

Props Needed by Game:
Murder at the Four Deuces: Tiara, white gloves, deck of cards and a long pearl necklace. Available at any inexpensive party supply store!

The Santa Clause: Santa Hat or Santa Suit for guest who plays Ben DeToy.

-Call people and read them their character and/or any special costume suggestions. Then plan on starting the game 30 minutes after everyone arrives to give them time to look over their character and how to play information.

-If you have guests email address you can email them with their character information and attach the Brochure.pdf and GuestList.pdf or Invitation.pdf to the email. We have not blocked text copying in our pdf files. This allows you to copy an individual characters information and paste it into your email program.

If you have any questions post them or call me if it is last minute!
Mary Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Re: Tips to throw a Last Minute or Surprise Party:

Postby bvickers » September 4th, 2008, 2:43 pm

"Props Needed by Game:
Murder at the Four Deuces: Tiara, white gloves, deck of cards and a long pearl necklace. Available at any inexpensive party supply store!"

I didn't see those listed anywhere in the instructions... does this mean that the character that will be using them will know from his/her character sheet? Does it give clear instructions to the person that they need to bring it or should I just go buy these items? I just bought the kit, but I don't want to read anyone's sheet besides the one I will be playing.
bvickers

Re: Tips to throw a Last Minute or Surprise Party:

Postby 2coolbaby » September 4th, 2008, 8:45 pm

The charater background clearly tells the guest any items they need to bring. You do not need to do anything.
Mary Lee
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
For murder, intrigue, extortion & back stabbing with no scripts to read!
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com
2coolbaby
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information