Skip to content

Public Venue

If you have a question that isn't related to any other topic, feel free to post it here!

Moderator: AlphaSquirell

Public Venue

Postby thunderjp » November 27th, 2006, 11:01 am

My wife and I are thinking about hosting a New Years party with the four deuces game. We have about 14 people that we are sure will come and another 6-10 that may show up (we'll have a pretty good idea if they'll be there or not in a week or so.)

We do not have the space in our tiny house and are considering other potential locations to host the party.

We have thought about a hotel suite, but the only place I could find with a suite large enough to fit 20+ people was at a resort with a 2 room minimum that would cost us over $1000.

We would consider a small banquet room, but then you have everybody in 1 room and I don't think that would work out too well.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions regarding a good 'public' location to host such a party?
thunderjp

Postby AlphaSquirell » November 27th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Any country clubs nearby? They usually have a rentable room that should be about the right size.
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Postby thunderjp » November 28th, 2006, 9:59 am

Great news, yesterday afternoon my wife found a bed and breakfast that has a 2 room 'carriage house' that seats 20-25 in a dining room and has a fireplace and a bunch of couches in a separate meeting room.

For a few hundred dollars we can rent the whole place including the few rooms in the bed and breakfast on new years eve!!
thunderjp

Postby AlphaSquirell » November 29th, 2006, 5:19 pm

That sounds awesome. I wish we had a place like that around here... (then again, I wish Wal-Mart wasn't our biggest store, either, but there are some things you can't change)
~Self-Proclaimed Veteran of the DinnerAndAMurder Murder Mysteries~

(working on #5)
AlphaSquirell
Murder Mystery Expert
Murder Mystery Expert

Return to Board index

Return to Miscellaneous Questions and Information